Bold and full‑bodied, just like Dad! :). Either way, it’s the gift that keeps on giving because you get to enjoy it too!
Beginning Wednesday, June 17, H-E-B’s annual Cabs for Dad sale returns with 10% savings on ALL Cabernets in the Houston market and select Cabs in San Antonio. Order online and pick up in‑store. The sale lasts thru Tuesday, June 23rd!
Save an additional 10% on your total purchase when you buy six or more! Here’s a few Cabernet Sauvignons that we liked – all with varying price points:
1) Mirror Napa Valley [above]. An H-E-B Primo Pick. Past vintages (2007, 2008) have both scored in the 90’s as rated by Robert Parker. A complex yet balanced red with flavors of blackberry, cherry, hints of dark chocolate and nice spice on the finish. If you’d like to spring for that special bottle, this is it!
Retail is $69.98.
2) La Storia by Trentadue. A highly rated Cab, estate bottled, from Alexander Valley in Sonoma. The 2013 vintage on shelves now received a rating of 93 by Wine & Spirits! Dad will taste flavors of blueberry, blackberry and black licorice with a hint of herbs and ripe olives.
Retail is $24.98.
3) Clone 7 Napa Valley. Hand-selected and blended by DC Flynt Masters of Wine. A big & bold red that’s recognized as one of the top Cabernet Sauvignon from California’s Paso Robles region.
Retail is $15.98.
4) 19 Crimes. Rich and complex, this Cab conjures up red currants, dark berries and sweet vanilla oak in a passing smell. Caramel lurks in the back. Firm cabernet tannins and red fruits let the flavor linger…
Retail is $10.98.
Honorable Mentions for Dad:
1. Mt. Veeder Cabernet
2. Legend of the Vine Cabernet Sauvignon
3. Steak & Potatoes Cabernet Sauvignon