Who’s up for a little arts and crafts?! We have a fun, festive way to spruce up your home decor as we enter into the holidays. Nicole with Frankie Hearts Fashion (love her blog, btw!) shared her super easy approach to a do-it-yourself Studded Pumpkin.
This adorable tablescape makes use of a real hollowed out pumpkin for the core of the design – a project that should take all of 20 minutes if you’ve got the right materials. See below! Time your fruity, floral arrangement for when guests are sure to see it. Your pumpkin won’t last forever… 😉 Enjoy!
– 1 Small Pumpkin (scraped and clean)
– 100 gold studs (quantity will depend on size of pumpkin)
– 1 block floral foam, soaked in water
– 1 gallon size ziplock back (cut seal off)
– Flowers of your choice
– 3 tangerines
– 3 wooden skewers
– Scissors & Garden Clippers
1. The first thing you will want to do is cut and scrape your pumpkin clean! Make sure you cut the opening big enough to fit the floral foam. Now you can start making your stripes with the studs. My pumpkin had ridges in it so I followed the lines all the way down.
Once you have that done it’s time to get to work!
2. Take your gallon ziplock bag, cut the seal off of the top and the line the inside of the pumpkin with the bag. Once the foam has been completely soaked in water place it vertically into the bag and press down. You will end up with a good amount of foam sticking out of the pumpkin. Take a knife and cut the excess off the top.
3. Place the filler/greenery along the bottom and then start adding in your flowers. The last step will be to add your tangerines to fill in any holes you might have! Voila!