Each year in both Houston and San Antonio, hundreds of wines compete in Rodeo wine competitions for coveted medals that can often translate into big sales. Wine experts in both towns spend hours blind-tasting wines to whittle down the competition and ultimately name winners in each competition category.
An interesting note on one of this year’s winners in both markets—our friends at Becker Vineyards scored big! They received well-deserved high praise as the top Texas Winery at both Rodeo wine competitions.
But, back to the Rodeo wines—If you’re interested in tasting the winners, visit the Champion Wine Garden at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. You can also find many of the winning bottles at your local H-E-B.
- Grand Champion Best of Show – Piper-Heidsieck Brut, Champagne, NV
- Reserve Grand Champion Best of Show – Cavaliere d’Oro Bellezza, Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG, 2015
- Top Texas Wine – Bingham Family Vineyards Dugout Red, Texas High Plains, 2017
- Top Value Wine – Raywood Merlot, Central Coast, 2017
- Top Texas Winery – Becker Vineyards
- For a full listing of the HOUSTON winners, CLICK HERE
- Grand Champion – Jamieson Ranch Vineyards 2016 Reata Three County Pinot Noir
- Top All-Around Winery – JAX Vineyards
- Best of Show Value Wine – Delicato Family Wines 2018 Schloss Vollrads Riesling
- Reserve Grand Champion – LangeTwins Family Winery and Vineyards 2014 Centennial Zinfandel
- Best of Herd Texas Winery – Becker Vineyards
For a full listing of the SAN ANTONIO winners, CLICK HERE