Camp Verde Banana Cream Pie
Homestyle banana cream pie - a favorite with the locals at Camp Verde General Store & Restaurant. And, a favorite of mine!
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4½ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 Bananas
- 1 pie shell
- 2 cup whipped cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk yolks; set aside.
- In saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat; temper eggs with 1 cup of the hot mixture.
- Pour egg mixture back into saucepan; boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Slice 2 bananas into bottom of pie shell, and then add half of the cream mixture.
- Slice remaining 2 bananas; place on top of cream mixture.
- Pour remaining cream mixture over bananas; top with whipped cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!