BB Italia Kitchen & Bar's Vodka Sauce
- 1½ lb. Italian Crushed Tomato
- 1 lb. yellow onion
- 1 lb. Applewood Smoked Bacon Slab
- ¼ cup garlic Chopped
- 2 quarts heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbs Sea Salt Fine
- 1 Tbs Coarse Black Pepper Ground
- 2 Tbs red pepper Crushed
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup basil
- ¼ cup Parsley
- 2 oz vodka Optional
- Reduce cream from 2 quarts to 1 quart and add tomato purée, salt and pepper and red pepper. Sauté the onion until translucent and render the bacon, and add the vodka. Let the liquid cook down. Add to the tomato cream sauce with all of the bacon fat and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Cook 1 box of rigatoni to al dente, toss in sauce and add fresh basil and parsley, butter and fresh parmesan cheese to finish. Serve immediately.
This recipe is courtesy of BB Italia Kitchen & Bar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!