Goya Foods Tender Beef Filet & Quinotto with Salsa Criolla
Quinoa is so 2017 .. 2018 is all about quinotto! It's made just like a mushroom risotto, layered under a tender beef filet and topped with salsa criolla and this dish is simply magical! Watch the video above as Goya Foods Executive Chef shows you how to prepare it.
- 2 pounds BEEF FILET cut into 4 portions
- 2 packets GOYA CHICKEN BOUILLON
- 3 Tablespoons GOYA OLIVE OIL
- 2 jars GOYA MUSHROOMS drained
- 1 jar SHITAKE MUSHROOMS 6 ounces
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ONION finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons GOYA GARLIC
- 2 cups GOYA TRI COLORED QUINOA
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 small white onion finely chopped
- 1 small Tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup GOYA OLIVE OIL
- 3 Tablespoons GOYA RED WINE VINEGAR
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Season the beef with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- In a saucepan, bring 5 cups water and the 2 chicken bouillon packets to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- In a sauté pan with straight sides, over high heat, add half of the olive oil and half of the mushrooms in a single layer. Fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and set aside. Add 1 Tablespoon butter, season with salt and toss to cook another minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a dish. Repeat the with the rest of the mushrooms and set aside.
- Reduce the heat in the sauté pan to medium low and add the onions and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent and then add the quinoa. Toast the mixture for a minute and then add the white wine. Let the wine reduce by half and then stir in 2 cups of the hot chicken broth. Continue adding the hot broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring in intervals for 15 minutes. Cover the pan for the last 15 minutes.
- Add the reserved Mushrooms, Heavy Cream, Cheese and season to taste and keep warm.
- Combine the bell pepper, onion, tomato and garlic in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar. Pour the mixture into the tomato mixture and toss to coat ingredients. Add the crushed red pepper, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Toss the ingredients again, cover and keep refrigerated till ready to use.
Pan Seared Beef Filet
- Heat oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat a large cast iron skillet on high for 2 minutes. Add 1 Tablespoon Goya Olive oil and 2 fillets at a time. Sear Fillets for 2 minutes on each side and then set aside. Repeat with the next two fillets. Place all fillets back in the skillet and into the oven for 6 minutes for medium rare. Add an extra minute for medium.
- Scoop 1 cup Mushroom Quinotto on warm plate and set pans seared fillet on top. Top the steak with 1/4 cup Salsa Criolla and serve immediately.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!