GOYA Foods Chipotle Black Bean Soup
- 3 cans (15.5 oz ea) GOYA Black Beans
- 1 chipotle chili plus 2 tsp. chipotle chili sauce from 1 can (7 oz) GOYA Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce
- 2 tbsp GOYA EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 medium onion yellow, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 tsp GOYA® Minced Garlic or 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp GOYA® Ground Cumin
- 1 packet GOYA Chicken Boullon mixed with 2 cups water, or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small Tomato finely chopped
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- In bowl or blender, add 1 can black beans, chipotle chili and sauce, and 2 cups water. Puree until smooth, about 30 seconds; set aside.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers; cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cumin; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Add chicken bouillon mixture, reserved black bean puree and remaining black beans; bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, until soup thickens and flavors come together, about 10 minutes
- Divide soup evenly among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle with tomatos and cilantro.
This recipe is courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!