Hatch Cheesecake with Strawberry & Hatch Chutney
Hatch chile cheesecake topped with a strawberry and hatch chutney from Central Market. It's time!
- 3 cups graham crackers
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 oz butter melted
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 2-4 roasted Hatch chiles peeled, seeded and pureed
- 1 cup Strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted Hatch chiles peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
For the Cheesecake:
- Blend graham crackers and cocoa powder in food processor. Drizzle in melted butter until moist but not wet. Pack mixture in springform pan on bottom and sides. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven to cool. Reduce oven to 325.
- Combine cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice in stand mixer and mix well. Scrape down the sides to incorporate well. Continue to mix, adding eggs one at a time. Remove two-thirds of cake mixture and set aside.
- Mix the pureed Hatch chiles with remaining one-third of mixture. Remove excess water from puree prior to adding to cake mixture. Layer or marble two mixtures in prepared pan.
- Place cake in larger roasting dish and fill with water halfway up the sides of cake. Loosely cover cake with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes until set and center just jiggles.
- Remove from oven to cool, and refrigerate prior to serving.
For the Strawberry & Hatch Chutney:
- Combine ingredients and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool in refrigerator. Serve chutney over cheesecake.
- Wrap springform pan with aluminum foil prior to putting in water bath to prevent water from seeping into mixture.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Central Market.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!