John Soules Foods Open-Faced Sweet & Spicy Club
This sweet and spicy club from John Soules Foods is the ultimate lunchtime classic with a delicious twist!
- 1 pound John Soules Foods Sweet & Spicy Chicken Strips
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices of sourdough bread toasted
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 8 ounces bacon jam
- 4 pieces green leaf lettuce
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and drained
- Sweet & spicy sauce or dressing of your choosing
- 1 pound bacon cut into 1” pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 shallots minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook bacon until crispy and transfer it onto paper towels to drain. Reserve a Tablespoon of grease from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add onion and shallots. Stir frequently until the onions are caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar, chili powder and cooked bacon. Bring the mixture to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. Cook until the liquid has reduced, and it has a thick consistency, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool before transferring to a jar.
- Thaw chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over moderately high heat and place JSF Sweet & Spicy Chicken.
- Cook chicken for about 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Take the toasted bread and place a piece of Pepper Jack cheese on each slice. Then spread 2 ounces of bacon jam on top of the cheese. Top each sandwich with 2 pieces of bacon, 1 leaf of lettuce, and 2 tomato slices.
- Finish the sandwich with 4oz of JSF Sweet & Spicy Chicken and drizzle with your choice of sweet and spicy sauce or dressing.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!