John Soules Foods Quinoa Salad with Sweet BBQ Tenders
If you’re in the mood for a flavorful and healthy meal that will really pack a punch, look no further than this quinoa power bowl with BBQ Chicken Tenders and topped with a charred pineapple salsa! This dish is easy to make and is light enough to keep you moving throughout the day.
- 1 Fresh Pineapple peeled, cored, and chopped into 1" pieces
- extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 2 Peaches halved, pitted and chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 cups Cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 can corn rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 large avocados halved, pitted and sliced
- 1 bag John Soules Foods BBQ Chicken Tenders
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Make the pineapple salsa
- Preheat the grill or pan over moderately-high heat. Brush the pineapple with olive oil and cook until charred on both sides. Set aside to cool, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, peaches, jalapeños, onions, and lime juice. Season with salt and garnish with cilantro. Let sit at room temperature or in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Prepare the burrito bowl
- On a large sheet pan, place JSF BBQ Chicken Tenders and bake for about 12 minutes or until golden and warmed through.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently toss the rice, quinoa, corn, and black beans together. Place ingredients in a serving dish.
- Top with sliced avocado, charred pineapple salsa, and JSF BBQ Chicken tenders.
- Serve immediately, hot or room temperature!
- The Charred Pineapple Salsa can be made beforehand and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
This recipe and photo are courtesy of John Soules Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!