Maple & Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
You read that right -- this recipe features bacon as a key ingredient! These would be exceptional next to a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat an oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add one egg; beat until blended into the butter mixture. Add the remaining egg, vanilla extract, and maple extract; beat until well blended and slightly fluffy.
- Stir in the flour mixture a little at a time, mixing just until combined. Stir in the bacon and chocolate chips.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoonful’s onto cookie sheets. Bake in the preheated oven until edges turn golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and cool on a wire rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!