Mason Jar Pasta Salad
This grab-and-go recipe from Pasta Fits is a perfect fit for your cup holder -- and appetite! Stash a fork in your cooler or carry-on -- and you're ready to roll!
- 4 oz. farfalle
- 4 oz. low-fat baby bocconcini cheese
- 1 cup halved heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups Baby spinach
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside; let cool.
- Divide pasta and cheese among four (8 oz.) Mason jars. Toss together tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper and onion. Divide evenly among jars.
- Red Wine Vinaigrette: Whisk together oil, parsley, vinegar, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over tomato mixture; top with spinach. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Shake before serving.
Recipe and image courtesy of Pasta Fits and the National Pasta Association in Washington, D.C. Tip - You can substitute baby kale for spinach if desired. Feel free to add a protein item of your choice -- anything from chicken to black beans or chickpeas!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!