Orange Fennel Salad
Lay off the lettuce and switch things up for your next salad! This Orange Fennel Salad from Helen Greek Food and Wine has two kinds of orange, pomegranate seeds and even more goodness.
- 2 Oranges peeled & sliced
- 1 blood orange peeled & sliced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta crumbled
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Greek dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Fennel Bulb thinly shaven
- 1 handful mint leaves torn
- 1 tsp Fennel Pollen
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Fennel Fronds to garnish
- salt taste
- Slice the top off each orange and carefully slice away the skin by cutting from the top of the orange to the bottom, following the curvature of the fruit, making a half turn each time. Clean away any extra pith.
- Cut the fennel bulb into half and then half again. Remove the heart and slice each quarter very thinly.
- Mix all ingredients except feta, mint, fennel pollen and fennel fronds in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Transfer to serving platter or bowl. Garnish with crumbled feta, torn mint leaves, fennel fronds, fennel pollen and olive oil.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Helen Greek Food and Wine.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!