Pan Seared Wild Scallops
Great as a second course or full entree, this preparation with brown butter (GF) gnocchi is sure to satisfy. Portico Simply Scallops are all natural and do not contain added ingredients, so you can serve the very best with confidence!
- 1 oz BUTTER SOLID UNSLTD 83% EUROP
- garnish CHEESE PARM WHEEL CRYO USA
- 4 each SCALLOP SEA DRY IQF U10 NATL
- 3 oz PASTA GNOCCHI POTATO
- garnish GLAZE BALSAMIC
- 2 oz OIL OLIVE CANOLA EVO 75/25
- .5 oz ARUGULA BABY FRSH
- 1.5 oz TOMATO GRAPE FRSH
- Thaw scallops overnight in the cooler. Gently pat dry on a cloth to remove excess moisture. Remove the adductor (side) muscle and season lightly with kosher salt and ground white pepper.
- Gently simmer the gluten free gnocchi in lightly salted water. When they rise to the surface wait about 30 seconds and check for tenderness. Drain thoroughly. In a skillet heat butter until it begins to brown, immediately add the gnocchi and grape tomatoes, saute for 2 minutes and season to taste. Gently fold in arugula and transfer to serving plate.
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet or cast iron pan, add blended oil and sear scallops for 2 minutes per side on a high flame. Remove from pan and transfer to serving plate. Arrange the sauteed gnocchi as a bed for the scallops and garnish with shaved Parmesan and balsamic glaze.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!