Red Wine Hot Chocolate
Four delicious words: red wine hot chocolate! This luxurious concoction takes just five minutes to prepare, but less than five seconds to fall in love with!
- 5 ounces dark chocolate finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (4 cups) quart whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups fruity red wine such as Merlot, Shiraz, or Zinfandel
- Cinnamon sticks and additional cocoa powder for serving (optional)
- Whisk the chocolate, cocoa powder, sugar, and cinnamon together in a large saucepan. Add the milk and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until hot and smooth, about 5 minutes. Stir in the salt.
- Remove from the heat and add the wine. Divide among 8 small glasses or mugs, garnish with a cinnamon stick and a dusting of cocoa powder, if desired, and serve.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Central Market.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!