Roasted Gulf Oysters on the Half Shell
Roasted Gulf Oysters plated with sweet pepper, provolone & spicy bourbon butter from the State Fare Kitchen & Bar.
- 20 each Gulf oysters on the half shell
- 1 ¾ cup spicy bourbon sauce see recipe below
- ½ cup red bell pepper medium dice
- 1 ¼ cup Provolone cheese grated
- Rock salt as needed
Spicy Bourbon Butter:
- ½ lb unsalted butter softened
- 4 oz Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon black pepper ground
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- If using a wood grill, let the fire burn down to coals. If using a gas grill, preheat on highest setting. Spread one tablespoon Spicy Bourbon Butter on each oyster, sprinkle with sweet pepper dice and top with Provolone cheese.
- Place on the grate and let cook about five minutes. When the butter bubbles and cheese is melted, remove to a platter spread with rock salt and serve immediately.
- For the Spicy Bourbon Butter: Place butter in a medium-mixing bowl. Stir in liquids to combine, and then add remaining ingredients. May be made a day or two ahead and refrigerated. Let soften before use.
Photo Credit: Julie Soefer
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!