Tacodeli's Chuletas Con Rajas Tacos
Zesty pork chop tacos bathed in a spicy Salsa de Arbol from the folks at Tacodeli, topped off with chopped yellow onion and poblano peppers.
- 2 boneless pork chops 3/4''
- 1 tbsp ancho chile powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 Poblano pepper
- warm tortillas
Chely's Salsa de Arbol:
- 10 Chiles de Arbol
- 5 chiles Guajillo or New Mexican red chiles
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 5 Tomatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- Cut poblano in half. Remove stem and seeds. Cut into 1/4" strips.
- Julienne onion into 1/4" strips.
- Mix the poblano and onion together.
- Mix the chile powder, paprika, salt and pepper together.
- Season each side of the chops with 1 tsp of the spice rub. (2 tsp total for each chop).
- Make sure the rub is evenly distributed and pressed into the meat so it stays on during the cooking process.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the oil and distribute evenly in pan.
- Carefully add the pork chops.
- Cook for 3 minutes per side until internal temperature has reached 150 or medium.
- Remove the chops from the pan and place on serving plate.
- Add the poblano and onions.
For Chely's Salsa de Arbol:
- Remove stems from chiles. Cut the guajillos in half and remove the seeds.
- Place in a small sauce pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Place chiles and water in blender jar.
- Cut tomatoes in quarters.
- Heat a skillet to its smoking point.
- Add oil and distribute in pan.
- Add the tomatoes cut side down. Add the garlic and onion.
- Char vegetables on all sides. The more black you get, the more flavor.
- It is best to char both of the cut sides of the tomatoes first, then the skin side.
- Place charred vegetables in blender with the chiles.
- Add salt. Blend for 30-45 seconds or until the salsa has a smooth consistency.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Tacodeli.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!