Zucchini Pasta Salad with Avocado Spinach Dressing
Start with your dressing at the bottom of the jar. Add hard veggies first, like celery, peppers. Next add protein and any cheese you like. Softer veggies like tomatoes go next. End with your lettuce or in this case zucchini noodles.
- 1 1/2 cups spiraled zucchini
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Kalamata olives
Avocado Spinach Dressing:
- 1/2 cup fresh packed spinach
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt plain, 2%
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spiral or shred or thinly slice zucchini. Set aside. In a high powdered blender mix dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour 1/2 the dressing into the bottom of 2 mason jars. Add celery on top of dressing.
- Add peppers on top of celery then top with edamame or chicken. Sprinkle feta cheese then add tomatoes and olives. Last place 1/2 the spiraled zucchini into each mason jar.
- Cover and refrigerate. Last up to 5 days. Once ready to eat, shake the jar vigorously then pour onto a plate. Toss with fork if needed to mix dressing.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Sugar-Free Mom.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!