Wine, dine and dazzle your guests this holiday season! One of the most stylish but least stressful ways to dress up your holiday spread is to put together your very own charcuterie board. Here’s a few helpful hints to make it your own!
- Start with two different types of cheese with opposite but complementary flavors, like sweet and savory.
- For meats, pick out both spicy and savory choices.
- Balance acidity with olives and pickles — and don’t forget to add a few dried fruit items and nuts!
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are an excellent complement to the board.
- Instead of buying new things, find personal items around the house to decorate your board like picture frames or holiday ornaments. Try using butcher block or another creative plate to display your tasty creation! A little sprig of rosemary and fresh flowers always look festive!
We have a few more gourmet charcuterie recipe ideas right here.
And of course, don’t forget the wine! I found all of my wine finds at H-E-B!
My Wine Finds
Gran Reserva Malbec
Chandon California Brut
Ramon Bilbao Tempranillo