What a thrill! Goodtaste with Tanji is the first place Don Strange Catering is sharing some of the legendary recipes…made famous at countless parties and events in San Antonio for years now. This Picadillo Dip is spicy and packed full of Southwestern flavors…it would be perfect for any holiday party.
Heat the canola oil in a heavy-bottomed 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring often to break up any lumps of meat, just until it is cooked through and no pink remains, about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is very wilted and transparent, about 8 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients except salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the mixture thickens and the potatoes are soft about 15 to 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Serve hot in a Crock-Pot or chafing dish with corn tortilla chips.
- |¼ cup canola oil
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, cut into ¼-inch dice
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, about 11 ounces, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup sliced, skin-on almonds
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 large tomatoes, skins and seeds removed, diced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Corn tortilla chips