Doesn’t this dish look like a party on a plate? Perfect for Fiesta – you can make the cheese sauce and dip chips into it. Or, for an impressive appetizer, try the Carnita Nachos. Delish! Viva Fiesta, everyone!
Prepare queso: In saucepan, melt butter until sizzling. Saute onion and garlic until softened; add coriander, cumin and pepper. Stir in milk and cheese.
Cook over low heat, stirring often, until sauce is creamy. Use as a hot dip with tortilla chips or a topping for Carnita Nachos.
To prepare Carnita Nachos (appetizer for 4): Arrange tortilla chips on platter. Top with 8 ounces queso, carnitas meat, chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
- 1 Tbsp Land O Lakes Butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 cups milk or water
- 2 lbs, 8 oz Land O Lakes Extra Melt Cheese, cubed or shredded (Land O Lakes Extra Melt Cheese with Jalapeños can also be used)
Carnita Nachos Ingredients
- 5 oz tortilla chips
- 3 oz shredded pork carnitas meat, heated
- 4 oz chopped tomatoes, seeded, drained
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro