A signature plate from Chef Miguel Ravago at the famed Fonda San Miguel in Austin! Made with black drum (or redfish), pickled jalapeños, avocado and lime. Grab your favorite tortilla chips and indulge!
- 1 pound skinned black drum or redfish fillets, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup lime juice 8 large limes
- 4-5 pickled jalapeños drained (or fewer for a milder dish)
- 2 medium Tomatoes seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried Mexican Oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Leaf Lettuce for lining dish
- avocado slices
- Lime wedges
- Place fish cubes in a non reactive bowl and pour lime juice over them; toss to coat well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight. Stir occasionally with wooden spoon.
- Chop jalapeños and add them to the fish, along with the tomatoes, oil and seasonings. Toss well and drain.
- Serve chilled in a bowl or footed glass linked with lettuce leaves and garnished with avocado slices and lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Fonda San Miguel. Photo by Tracey Maurer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!