Goya Foods Chick Pea Skillet with Chorizo & Shrimp
Time to get saucy with this one-pan dinner from Goya Foods! Executive Chef Fernando Desa shows us how to make this spicy dish filled with chorizo, shrimp, and chickpeas that will satisfy the heartiest of appetites.
- 2 Tablespoons GOYA EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 package GOYA® Chorizo thinly sliced (7 oz.)
- 1 pound peeled & deveined shrimp tails removed
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 Tablespoon GOYA® Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon GOYA® Sofrito
- 2 teaspoons GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1 can GOYA® Chick Peas drained and rinsed (15.5 oz.)
- 1 cup GOYA® Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook chorizo for 3 to 4 minutes or until starting to brown. Add shrimp; cook for 1 minute. Transfer to plate.
- In same skillet, cook onion, red pepper, garlic, sofrito and seasoning for about 3 minutes or until onion is slightly softened.
- Stir in chick peas, tomato sauce and broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in chorizo mixture; cook for about 2 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. Sprinkle with green onions
You can find Goya Foods Products at most major grocery stores, but if your local grocer doesn’t carry these products, you can request them! This recipe is courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!