Goya Food's Cod Veracruz Style
This classic fish recipe hails from the coastal Mexican state of Veracruz. Cod fillets are baked and covered in a rich sauce with GOYA® Minced Garlic, Capers and Olives. They round out the full flavor of this traditional Mexican recipe.
- 4 pieces Cod fillet about 6 ounces each
- 2 Tablespoons GOYA OLIVE OIL
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Goya Jarred Minced Garlic
- 2 cups Tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup Goya Stuffed Olives with Pimentos sliced
- 1 Tablespoon GOYA Capers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Parsley chopped
- Heat oven to 450F. Brush a baking dish with Goya Olive Oil.
- Place the cod fillet white side up and brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake the cod for 10 minutes per inch thickness.
- Meanwhile, heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and onions and stir fry for 3 minutes, or until golden. Add the minced garlic and stir fry 1 more minute. Add the chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, capers and dried oregano. Add a half cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook 2 more minutes.
- Remove baked fish fillets from oven and top each fillet with the Veracruz sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe is courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!