Grilled Corn with Lemon Verbena Butter
A great corn on the cob recipe for grill season from Chef Justin Wangler of Kendall-Jackson. Served with lemon verbena butter, grilled lemon and finishing salt on the side.
- 4 ears corn on the cob husks on
- 4 Tbsp. butter at room temperature
- kosher salt
- 12 lemon verbena leaves
- 2 lemons halved
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Finishing salt
Lemon Verbena Butter:
- ½ cup clarified butter
- 10 lemon verbena leaves
- Recipe Info
For the Corn:
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Gently pull back the husks on each ear of corn, but do not remove. Remove the silk on each and rinse the ears with water.
- Brush the corn with butter and sprinkle with salt. Lay three leaves of lemon verbena on each ear. Gently pull the husks back up around each ear of corn. Using kitchen twine, tie the husks at the top of each ear to help keep them sealed. Soak the ears in cold water for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss the lemon halves with olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place the ears of corn on the grill and cook for approximately 15 minutes, rotating them every 5 minutes. Grill lemons, cut-side down for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned and slightly tender.
- Remove corn from grill and allow to cool to the touch. Peel back or remove husks.
For the Lemon Verbena Butter:
- Heat clarified butter to 145 degrees F. Remove from heat and add lemon verbena. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Kendall-Jackson.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!