Hatch Enchilada Pie
Central Market's annual Hatch Chile Fest is just around the corner! Their peppery enchilada "pie" is layered with chicken and roasted Hatch green chiles together with a special Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce and melted cheddar cheese.
- 2 boneless-skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup Tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 2-3 Hatch green chiles roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 Central Market flour tortillas
- 20 oz cheddar cheese grated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9- or 10-inch pie plate or round casserole with cooking spray. Boil chicken thighs in salted water for 30 minutes. Remove from water and let cool. Chop.
- Sauté onion in canola oil until transparent. Stir in enchilada sauce, chicken, tomato, and cilantro. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of the prepared pie plate. Spread with half of the chicken mixture, half of the roasted chiles, and one-third of the cheese. Cover with a tortilla and the remaining half of the chicken mixture, half of the roasted chiles, and one-third of the cheese. Top with the remaining tortilla.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and bake another 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Central Market.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!