Tony Mandola told me this is his favorite dish on the menu at his restaurant. Six creamy Oysters baked in bleu cheese with creamed spinach - what's not to love! Set the mood tonight...Enjoy!
- 12 each Large Oysters with juice
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- 9 ounces Frozen Creamed Spinach
- Heat medium sauté pan thoroughly. Add oysters and a little of the oysters juice and sauté for about 30 seconds turning several times. Then set aside.
- Microwave creamed spinach until thawed and creamy. Heat a second medium size pan thoroughly and combine all ingredients together stirring until well blended.
- Remove from heat and pour into an oven safe casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. You may also put under a broiler for several minutes until the top is browned to desired look.
- Serve with sliced (slightly toasted) French or Italian bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!