Potente's Diver Scallops with Crushed Corn Risotto & Shellfish Brodo
Delicious diver scallops, or "Capesante," from Executive Chef Danny Trace with Potente in Houston. Plated on a bed of crushed corn risotto in a shellfish broth, garnished with fresh herbs.
- 6 U10 Diver Scallops
- 3 ears corn
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 cups Risotto Rice
- 4 cups Shellfish Stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbl butter
- 1 tbl minced garlic
- 1 tbl minced shallots
- 1 tsp Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbl herbs fine chopped
- In a pot bring shellfish stock to a simmer. In a sauté pan add oil, garlic and shallots. Add risotto and toast for a minute.
- Slowly add shellfish stock to risotto by interval cooking. Continue adding stock until the risotto is al dente.
- Finish the risotto with butter, salt, pepper and herbs, set aside. Add ½ the corn and diced white onion into remaining shellfish stock, bring to a boil.
- In a blender, blend ingredients, strain and keep warm. Season both sides of scallops and sear in a hot sauté pan until cooked through.
- Last, sauté remaining corn kernels with salt and pepper into the risotto. Add 2oz of corn shellfish broth to risotto.
- To plate, put scoop of risotto in center of a bowl, add the seared scallops and finish with ladle of broth garnish with herbs.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Potente.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!