Red Quinoa Salad with Citrus and Pistachios
A red quinoa salad, highlighted by citrus and pistachios, a dish that is both gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 12-ounce red quinoa box
- 4 cups vegetable stock low-sodium or homemade
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 large navel oranges peeled and cut into sections
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup flat-leaved parsley chopped
- Navel Orange and Meyer lemon zest curls (optional garnish)
- 1 7-ounce package organic baby greens
- Using a medium-sized saucepan, heat the stock until it boils. Add the quinoa, cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, until all the stock has been absorbed. Remove from heat and allow cooked quinoa to "rest", covered, while you prepare the vinaigrette.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, orange zest, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cooked quinoa into a bowl, add the vinaigrette and toss.
- Add the orange sections, pistachios and parsley. Toss. Garnish and serve over baby greens.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Liz the Chef.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!