Texas Sweet Brown Shrimp
It's shrimp season! Texas sweet brown shrimp recipe from Chef Shawn Cirkiel of Olive & June and restaurant in Austin, Texas. Click Here to watch the video of the dish being prepared by the chef himself.
- 1 lb # Texas Sweet Shrimp cleaned
- 1 Whole Grilled eggplant (6 slices)
- 1 Pt Charred Sweet Texas Tomatoes
- 1 T Sliced Garlic
- 1 T Sliced Shallots
- 1 T capers drained
- 1 T Calabrese Pepper sliced
- 4 slices Crusty Bread sliced & grilled
- ¼ C white wine
- ½ C extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea lemon for zest
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grill or Sear bread and eggplant reserving for service.
- Char tomatoes over high heat and reserve.
- Pre-heat skillet or pan with half of oil. Once hot place eggplant & Shrimp in pan and turn down heat.
- After first side is cooked, flip shrimp, and eggplant. Start adding garlic, shallots, capers, peppers, & tomatoes. Deglaze with wine and let alcohol cook off.
- Add zest & remaining oil and pour over grilled bread. Season to taste and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Olive & June.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!