Hatch green chilies are here, and they’re fabulous. I just made the rounds at Central Market tasting, testing and LOVING every minute of it.
Since they roast them right there at the store, that intoxicating aroma is everywhere. And, it’s great fun to go from station to station trying the different products.
Here are some of my favs:
- Hatch Chile Pepper Dip made by Rothschild especially for Central Market. Creamy with just the right amount of kick. Loved it.
- Hatch Chile & Poblano Pesto – INCREDIBLE! Use like any other pesto … on pasta, fish, top off some chicken enchiladas… lots of ways to enjoy. I found this in the food to go section. CM makes it there.
- Jalapeno Hatch Chili Jam, also by Rothschild, sweet & savory. I envision pouring it over a pork tenderloin.
- Hatch Chicken Quesadillas – I took some home for lunch! These too I found in the food to go area.
- Hatch Green Chile Stew – This comes in a jar. Add a little roast chicken and it’s a full meal! Made by Cookwell & Company out of Austin.
If in doubt about what to buy, ask for my dear Foodie friend Lilo—an amazing chef with the best recommendations & recipes. I can’t wait to make her recipe for Hatch Cornbread Pudding!! I always buy CM’s roasted Hatch chilies at this festival and freeze them.
The festival is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There’s a Hatch Cook-off Sunday. I’m one of the judges…I hope to see you there.