No doubt, Texans take their tequila drinking seriously, BUT did you know there are actual health benefits to consuming tequila too? We were surprised to learn that this beloved distilled beverage has a number of interesting uses, outside of just the obvious… 😉
Find several surprising facts, along with recipes like this Texas Chopped Salad [above] arranged with tequila-cured salmon from Zinc Bistro & Wine Bar in San Antonio. Bottoms up!
– Tequila has been used for centuries in Mexico to treat pain.
– Sipping on tequila after a meal can aid digestion.
– Tequila has simple sugars that break down easily in your body and are known to tackle down dietary fat and lower bad cholesterols.
– Tequila can be used as a natural cleansing astringent to tighten and detoxify pores…i.e. the awesome body scrub you see below!
Source: Ambhar Tequila
DIY Tequila Body Scrub:
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 1 ounce sweet-almond oil
- 1/2 ounce white tequila
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
with Caramel Sauce and Apricot-Infused Tequila
Frozen or Rocks with Blanco Tequila!