Cabernet Grill is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere in Texas. Cotton Gin Village is the Hill Country hamlet I retreat to whenever I need some R&R…Now imagine trying some of their finest fare…the best peaches in-season with tasty pecan, blackberries and creamy, cinnamon ice cream to compliment. Watch it come together here. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine peaches, butter, sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Stir cornstarch and water together and stir into peach mixture. Increase heat and allow mixture to boil for one minute. As the cornstarch thickens the peach liquid and the mixture becomes glossy.
- Remove from the heat, stir in vanilla & bourbon and allow mixture to cool.
- Pour butter into a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine all the remaining ingredients for the batter together and mix until lightly blended.
- Pour batter into baking dish on top of butter, and cover with peach filling.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot topped with cinnamon ice cream.
- 5 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1 Tbls cornstarch
- 1 Tbls water
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Muscat Canelli
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 8 scoops cinnamon ice cream