I recently had a chance to visit the incredible Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The famed Penrose Room at the resort is a 5 Star 5 Diamond award winning restaurant. The chef shared this scallops recipe with me…they are so good! “Click here to see the video we shot at the Penrose Room”:/destinations/the-beautiful-elegant-broadmoor-in-colorado-springs/. The recipe is below. Enjoy!
1. In a medium size pot, bring salted water to a boil and blanched the fava beans for about 3 minutes until tender then put them in cold water to cool them down. Set aside.
2. Cut the Cherry tomatoes in Half and set aside.
3. Cut the prosciutto slices in strips and set aside.
4. In a small pot heat half the olive oil slowly, add the fava bean and prosciutto.
5. In a large sautéed pan, heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Season the scallops on both side with salt and pepper the put them in the pan. Roast them for about 3 minutes on each side until a light brown coloration. Reserve the scallops on the side.
Place the fava bean, prosciutto and cherry tomatoes in the center of the plate and place the scallops on top of it.
- 1 Pound Shelled Fava Bean
- 12 Diver Scallops
- 4 oz Prosciutto
- 4 ounce Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half