If you’re looking for a heart healthy dish, you’ve come to right place with this delicious salad. This crunchy combination of spring greens, baby spinach, red cabbage, and snow peas is powered up with salmon and topped with a sweet apricot-ginger vinaigrette.
In a food processor or blender, process the vinaigrette ingredients until smooth.
Put the salad ingredients except the salmon on a serving platter. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss gently. Crumble the salmon on top. Serve immediately for peak flavors and texture.
- ¼ cup all-fruit apricot spread
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (spring mix preferred), torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed if frozen, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 1 7.1-ounce vacuum-sealed pouch pink salmon
2 cups salad and 2 tablespoons dressing per serving