Now that Fat Tuesday, Valentine’s Day and all that indulgence is over, it’s time to get back on track and recommit to your new year’s goals! Here’s a healthy recipe to get your diet back on track. Enchiladas from Chef Tim — a personal chef in San Antonio who believes in only local, healthy foods for her recipes. That’s right, Chef Tim is a she 😉
Garnish with chopped cilantro and toasted pumpkin seeds/pepitas. Photo by Xelina Flores-Chasnoff.
Combine cold-pressed vegetables oil and garlic. Sautee. Add toasted ground cumin, tomato sauce, salt and serranos. Simmer 20 mins.
Heat cold-pressed vegetable oil. Add diced garlic cloves, coriander, cumin. Sautee. Add yam, Swiss chard and sautee on medium heat until sweet potatoes are tender. Add lime juice and can of black beans.
Combine ingredients in a food processor gently.
Heat tortillas on comal. Add filling inside tortillas. Add tomato sauce on top. Add crema on top.
- cold-pressed vegetable oil
- 8 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons toasted ground cumin
- 32 oz. tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 and 1/2 small serranos, diced with seeds
- 4 tablespoons cold-pressed vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 finely diced medium yam
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (or rainbow chard), finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. Mexican crema/crème fraiche
- 1 Teaspoon lime zest
- 2 bunches cilantro, remove the stems