Recipe and image courtesy of Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park
Butternut Squash Bisque
Creamy Butternut Squash Bisque from Chef Vikramjit Katoch of the Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park. A keeper come Thanksgiving!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs butternut squash peeled, medium dice
- 4 oz yellow onion medium dice
- 3 oz leek medium dice
- 2 ea garlic cloves crushed
- ¼ tsp – Cinnamon Powder
- 0.5 oz light brown sugar
- 1 ea bay leaf
- 1 ea sprig of rosemary
- 10 cup vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Season the diced butternut squash with salt, ground black pepper, and 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Roast in the oven at 375°F for 20 min.
- In a pot sweat onion, leek and garlic. Add cinnamon, light brown sugar, and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Add bay leaf, sprig of rosemary, roasted butternut squash, and vegetable stock.
- Simmer for 30 minutes and remove bay leaf and sprig of rosemary.
- Blend until you have a smooth texture and season with salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!