Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Chef Antoine Ware at Harold’s Restaurant, Bar & Terrace shares his rich Chocolate Bourbon Pie with Eat My Pralines pecan pralines and vanilla ice cream. A dreamy creation from a fabulous chef!
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter cut into small pieces and slightly softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch sugar
- 1 each medium egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 each eggs
- 4 ounce sugar
- 4 ounce brown sugar
- 3 ounce Steen's cane syrup
- 3 ounce corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounce butter
- 4 ounce chocolate chips
- 2 cups Eat My Pralines Pecans
- 2 ounce Bourbon
- Preheat oven to 325°F with a baking sheet on middle rack.
For the Pie Dough:
- Heap the flour on a counter and make a well. Put in the butter, salt, sugar, and egg. Using your fingertips, mix and cream these ingredients together. Little by little, draw in the flour, working the dough delicately until it has a grainy texture. Add the milk and incorporate gently with your fingertips until the dough begins to hold together. Using the palm of your hand, work the dough by pushing it away from you 4 or 5 times until smooth. Roll it into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill until ready to use. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin into a 12-inch round and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim edge, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Fold overhang under and lightly press against rim of pie plate, then crimp decoratively. Lightly prick bottom all over with a fork. Chill until firm, at least 30 minutes (or freeze 10 minutes). Blind bake for about 15 minutes.
For the Pie Filling:
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and brown sugar, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the Steen’s cane syrup and corn syrup, vanilla, and salt. Lightly beat eggs and Bourbon in a medium bowl, then whisk in the Steen’s cane syrup mixture.
- Put Eat My Pralines Pecans and chocolate in pie shell and pour Steen’s cane syrup mixture evenly over them. Bake on hot baking sheet until filling is set, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool completely.
You can find Eat My Pralines at Urban Harvest Farms Market or at eatmypralines.com and also farm fresh eggs as well. Recipe and Image courtesy of Harold's.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!