It’s a full-on siege of flavors in this splendid ravioli dish from D’Amico’s. Go crawfish crazy with a creamy, cheesy pasta that also provides a nice kick (and your veggie fix!) thanks to ingredients like green onions, juicy plum tomatoes and the fresh Poblano peppers. Pick a plate and pile it high!
In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and let heat. Add garlic, green onions and Poblano peppers and saute until pepper is softened and garlic and onions are translucent (about 3 minutes). Add chopped crawfish tails, salt and pepper and continue to saute until tails are cooked (about 10 to 15 minutes).
Remove from heat, drain excess liquid and let cool. Can be done ahead at this point, covered and stored in the refrigerator.
When cool, add cheeses. Mix together into a dough-like consistency.
Combine 2 eggs, liquid and salt in processor. With machine running, add 2 Cups flour through feed tube. Process until slightly sticky dough ball forms. If dough is very sticky, add more flour through the feed tube 1 Tablespoon at a time, incorporating each addition before adding more. If dough is dry, add more liquid through the feed tube, 1 teaspoon at a time. Again, make sure all is incorporated before adding more. Process for 20 seconds or more.
Knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth, elastic and no longer sticky, about 8 minutes. Wrap in plastic. Let rest at room temperature 30 minutes or up to two hours.
Tomato Cream Sauce:
Heat olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and crawfish tails and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and break apart in skillet with large cooking spoon. Add cream, salt and pepper and let cook down for about 3 minutes. Add butter and green onions, remove from heat and let butter melt for about 2 minutes. Add cooked ravioli, toss to coat and serve.
For more delicious recipes and fun food and wine pairing ideas, subscribe to my newsletter.
- 1 pound Crawfish tails (meat only), chopped
- ¼ cup Poblano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Green onions, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch Freshly ground black pepper, salt to taste
- ¾ cup Ricotta cheese – whole milk
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese – grated
- 2 Large eggs, chilled
- ¼ plus Cup Water (may substitute dry white wine)
- Pinch Salt
- 2 cups Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Large egg, slightly beaten
- All purpose flour
Tomato Cream Sauce
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ oz Yellow onions, diced
- 2 oz Crawfish tail meat
- 8 oz Plum tomatoes
- 4 oz Heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- 1 pinch Ground white pepper
- 1 pinch Coarse kosher salt
- 1 oz Butter
- 1 tbsp Chopped green onions