Savor This Spicy Shrimp with Quinoa Salad
This spicy shrimp recipe from our friends at Goya Foods is loaded with fresh ingredients and oh-so-good for you quinoa! It's light and refreshing, with just a bit of heat!
For the Quinoa Salad
- 1 packet GOYA® Cubitos Chicken Bouillon
- 1 cup GOYA® Quinoa rinsed
- ½ cup finely sliced scallions
- 1 medium tomato seeded and finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup GOYA® Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup GOYA EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2 tbsp. GOYA® Sazonador Total
- 2 GOYA® Pickled Jalapeños seeded and finely chopped (about 1 tbsp.)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the Shrimp
- 1¼ lbs. large shrimp peeled and deveined, (with tails)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon GOYA® Minced Garlic or 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup GOYA EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL divided
- ½ medium white onion finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 8 oz. can GOYA® Hot Tomato Sauce
- 1 packet Sazón GOYA® with Coriander and Annatto
- 2 chipotle chiles, plus 2 teaspoon chipotle sauce from 1 can (7 oz.) GOYA® Chipotle
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring 4 cups water and chicken bouillon to boil. Add quinoa. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
- In medium bowl, mixed together cooked quinoa, scallions, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, sazonador, jalapeños, cilantro and sugar until combined; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine shrimp, lime juice, garlic and adobo; set aside. Heat ¼ cup oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add tomato sauce and sazón; bring to a simmer; remove from heat. Transfer sauce, chipotle chiles, chipotle sauce and ½ cup water to bowl of food processor. Purée until thick and smooth, about 1 minute; set aside.
- Meanwhile, using paper towels, pat shrimp dry. Heat remaining ¼ cup oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp, in batches, flipping once, until pink, about 2 minutes; set aside to keep warm.
- Transfer reserved sauce to hot skillet; bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp. Lower heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is coated in sauce, about 2 minutes more
- To serve: Place 3 inch diameter round cookie cutter on serving plate. Fill with ½ cup quinoa salad, smoothing top with knife. Remove ring mold. Arrange 3 shrimp on plate, drizzle with sauce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!