Recipe and image courtesy of Lidia Bastianich
Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes
These Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes ("Purè di Patate all’Olio") from star chef Lidia Bastianich are SO easy! Idaho or Yukon gold potatoes work perfectly, along with kosher salt, black pepper and EVOO - that's all folks!
- 2 lbs Idaho or Yukon gold potatoes scrubbed but not peeled
- kosher salt to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Black Pepper freshly ground
- Pour enough cold water over the potatoes in a large saucepan to cover them by a few inches. Season the water with salt, and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender but still hold their shape, about 30 to 40 minutes, depending on their size. Drain, and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the potatoes, and pass them through a ricer or a food mill with a fine disk. Gently stir in the olive oil, and season them to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- For a variation, toast three garlic cloves in olive oil in a large skillet, then let cool to room temperature before adding to the riced potatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!