South Texas Layered Enchiladas
Easy enchiladas for ANYTIME from Chef Jack Gilmore of Jack Allen's Kitchen. Delicious rotisserie chicken is layered with a Texas Brew Rockin' Moroccan Sauce and corn tortillas, topped with chili rub and a fried egg!
- 3 Tablespoons Ottavio Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2 white corn tortillas
- 6 Tablespoons Texas Brew Rockin' Moroccan Sauce divided
- 1/2 cup HEB rotisserie chicken deboned & chopped
- 1 cup Mexican crema divided
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Adam's Reserve Espresso Chili Rub
- 1/3 cup H-E-B grated Queso Oaxaca
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In bowl mix together chicken, 4 Tablespoons Texas Brew Rockin' Moroccan, and 1/2 cup crema. Set aside.
- In small sauce pan, bring to a boil 2 tablespoons Texas Brew Rockin' Moroccan, 1/2 cup crema, and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Remove from heat and set aside. Heat 3 tablespoons Ottavio Olive Oil on MED in small skillet and cook tortillas in hot oil for a few minutes until they soften.
- Put a bit of the warm sauce on bottom of a personal sized cast iron pan, then 1 tortilla. Add half the chicken, then more of the warm sauce. Put other tortilla on top, then layer on remaining chicken and warm sauce. Top with Queso Oaxaca. Bake in oven about 5 minutes until hot and bubbly. While enchiladas bake, cook an egg in the same skillet you softened the tortillas in.
- To serve, slide the cooked egg on top of enchiladas and sprinkle generously with Adam's Reserve espresso Chili Rub.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!