A simple cake, moist and dense, with fresh strawberries and ricotta to celebrate spring. Thanks to Liz the Chef!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole milk Ricotta
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick; melted
- 1 cup organic strawberries hulled and quartered, divided use
- Confectioners Sugar (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Using a medium-sized bowl, mix together the eggs, ricotta, vanilla and lemon zest until smooth. Fold into dry ingredients until just blended.
- Add the melted butter, stir, then gently fold in ¾ cup of the berries. Pour batter into cake pan and scatter remaining berries on top. Bake until golden brown and when a tester comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool on pan 20 minutes before turning out on a plate. Garnish with confectioner's sugar and serve.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Liz the Chef.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!