Avocado Stuffed with Shrimp and Crawfish
Call it a crowd-pleaser, this loaded avocado is a seafood lovers dream! A great appetizer for all types of restaurants & perfect for Lent.
- 3 oz corn and peppers vegetable blend
- 2 oz crawfish tail meat
- 2 oz shrimp
- chili cumin seasoning to taste
- 2 oz mozzarella provolone blend shredded
- 1 each avocado
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 oz batter mix pre-wash
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- cilantro garnish
- 2 oz jalapeño ranch dressing
- Saute the corn and peppers with the shrimp and crawfish.
- Season with the chili cumin seasoning and remove from heat and pour mixture in to a bowl add the mozzarella provolone blend and set a side to cool down.
- Cut avocado in half remove seed and with a spoon scope out the flesh.
- Season the avocado with the chili cumin seasoning and stuff with corn shrimp crawfish mixture stuff so that it looks like a whole avocado.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to chill down.
- Begin by dredging in flour and then in the pre-wash then the panko bread crumbs.
- Fry at 350 degrees for 3- 5 minutes or until golden brown and an internal temp of 165 if not bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Cut in half and garnish with the cilantro and jalapeño ranch dressing.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Sysco Houston.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!